Hannibal-LaGrange University remains fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Higher Learning Commission
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604-1411
God's provision for HLGU knows no limits. HLGU faced significant financial challenges that came in the Spring of 2022. In response, a solemn assembly was held in which the school gathered to pray, seek God, and confess our failure of stewardship. Through churches, community organizations, and over 700 individuals, God provided, and the immediate financial need was addressed. The university now operates under a scalable business model seeking to make Christ-honoring decisions in all its practices.
As a valued partner, HLGU reached out to the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and informed them of these challenges. The HLC placed the university on financial monitoring in the Spring of 2022 and visited campus that Summer. The accreditation team noted the significant progress the university has made in addressing its failure to financially steward its resources stating that the steps the university has taken had addressed the immediate challenge. In order to continue to monitor and better partner with HLGU, the HLC changed HLGU's status from fully accredited (financial distress) to fully accredited (probation) in the Fall of 2022.
Other Specific Program Accreditations
Approved by the Missouri State Board of Education and Department of Elementary and Secondary Education to offer courses leading to certification in:
- Early Childhood Education (Birth-Grade 3); optional Elementary Education Add-on
- Elementary Education (1-6); optional Early Childhood Education Add-on
- Middle School Education (5-9);
- Secondary Education in the following subject areas:
- Biology (9-12)
- Business Education (9-12)
- English (9-12)
- Mathematics (9-12)
- Music (K-12) with concentrations in Vocal/Choral Music and in Instrumental Music
- Physical Education (K-12)
- Social Science (9-12)
- Special Education (K-12)
Approved by the Missouri State Board of Nursing (ASN and PN Programs).
Approved for the training of veterans and the dependents of veterans under Title 38, U.S. Code. The University is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students.
Hannibal-LaGrange University affiliates with:
- American Association of Collegiate
Registrars and Admissions Officers
- American Midwest Conference
- Association of Business Administrators
of Christian Colleges
- Christian Adult Higher Education Association
- Consortium of Global Education
- Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU)
- International Association of Baptist Colleges and Universities
- International Alliance for Christian Education
- Missouri Baptist Convention
- National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics
- National Christian College Athletics Association