This student complaint policy statement assists both students and campus employees (faculty, 工作人员, and administration) in handling student complaints through a positive and beneficial process.
The 汉尼拔-LaGrange大学 (HLGU) purpose is to provide an exceptional collaborative learning environment that prepares students for meaningful 人al lives, 专业成就, 负责任的公民. 我校致力于:
• Continuous improvement of both its academic and non-academic support services for it students.
• Effective complaint resolution processes using clear, fair, and reliable management.
• Opportunities to analyze recurring or persistent problems that ensure improvement of student life and student satisfaction.
The Institution is committed to providing students with access to appropriate procedures for stating concerns and registering appeals.
本会将会迅速认真处理投诉, 保密, 尊重, 各方都能得到公平的解决. It is also committed, 只要有可能, to dealing with complaints at the informal level. 投诉得到迅速解决, 非正式的, and with the fewest people provide the greatest opportunities for removing any impediment to good working/teaching/learning 的关系.
The complaint policy and procedures are based on the following principles:
1. 解决任何投诉的程序都是公平的, 公正的, 并有能力提供适当的结果;
3. 那 the complaint procedures are easily understood and conveniently accessible by both students and 工作人员;
6. 那 no student suffers detriment as a result of making a complaint—any attempt to penalize a student for filing a complaint may be subject to University disciplinary procedures;
7. 那, 只要有可能, complaints are resolved 非正式的 with the fewest necessary people involved;
8. 那 all students have the right to appeal informal decisions to the Formal Complaint Process;
9. 那 a mechanism is in place to monitor the nature and outcome of complaints across the University for the purpose of identifying patterns of issues and complaints of widespread concern to students; and
10. 那 the effectiveness of the complaint system is regularly evaluated by the administration for needed modifications.
非正式的 & 正式投诉
A student complaint usually involves a policy or procedure that is perceived to have been incorrectly or unfairly applied in the student’s particular case. 在大多数情况下, complaints can best be resolved through an informal process beginning with talking to the campus employee and/or the employee’s supervisor if necessary. The informal process is often quick and removes simple misunderstandings. 鼓励学生总是先寻求非正式的解决办法. 如果在该级别上未能达成令人满意的解决办法, 然后可以使用正式的学生投诉程序(见下文).
1. Questions about grades: the resolution should begin with an appointment with the instructor.
a. Often an explanation may be more than sufficient, or, on the 其他 hand,
c. 如果没有达成决议, then a visit with the academic 系主任 may be useful before entering the formal student complaint process.
2. Questions on a billing statement: these are usually resolved with a simple trip to the business office.
3. Issues about student life: many issues are resolved with a visit to the dorm residence director or to the dean of students.
4. The academic adviser can often provide guidance about what office or 人 can assist in resolving many issues.
1. Begin by discussing the matter with the 工作人员, faculty, or department where the issue originated.
2. 如果问题没有解决, 然后与相关主管联系, 系主任, or associate/assistant dean may be instrumental is seeking a resolution.
3. If these steps do not produce a resolution, the student may use the formal student complaint process.
2. The office of student life will respond within 5 working days, but sooner when possible,
a. 致投诉人 . . .
b. 寄往有关办事处, 人, or department either named in the complaint or selected as the best approach for resolving the complaint by . . .
ii. Requesting a report within 7 working days describing the outcome of the plan by giving
3. 这个学生有权得到一个满意的解决办法. 如果学生对解决方案不满意, 申诉和申诉程序载于 学生手册 可能紧随其后. The 人nel (someone not involved in the complaint) in the office of student life will counsel the student through the appeal process.
4. The office of student life will keep formal records about all formal student complaints and their resolution and will pursue those complaints that are not resolved in a timely fashion.
5. The office of student life will regularly analyze the complaints to discover patterns and suggestions for needed improvements in general campus policies and/或过程. These will be brought to the executive cabinet by the dean of student life on a regular basis as follows:
a. The list of types of formal student complaints (or lack thereof) will be entered into the minutes at least quarterly.
b. Any patterns observed will be presented at least once a semester followed by a discussion about needed changes in the wider environment of campus policies, 的关系, 或过程.
c. Any need for a revision of this statement (or lack of need) will be presented at least annually.